Friday 9 September 2011

Twitter ye not

Regular readers of this blog and FStech magazine will know that I took over as Editor earlier this year, joining from sister mag, Retail Systems.
 
Whilst at the helm of that publication, I established a thriving social media presence including a Twitter account which, as I write this, has 2,224 followers. After a sluggish start, retailers and retail tech vendors have really taken to Twitter and, even though I've left the sector, there are various people I continue to follow as their Tweets are insightful/amusing/informative/downright cynical (delete where applicable). Sadly, I can't say the same for FStech at this moment in time. That's not to say there aren't some excellent Tweeters out there, including @Chris_Skinner and @brettking.
 
But the same spirit of retweeting, of encouraging debate and comment, of creating a community feel, rather than remorselessly plugging one's company and services, doesn't appear to exist. Or maybe I'm just out of the loop here?
 
For the record, @FStechnology is closing in on the 1,000 followers landmark. Not to be sneezed at but someway behind our social media savvy friends over at Retail Systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment