Tuesday 27 September 2011

Spreading the word

During my obligatory mid-morning Facebook log in (I can't possibly wait until lunch, I need to know what my friends have been up to), I came across a Visa sponsored link which took me here.

Pretty cool page, I must say - lots of useful info such as a map showing the contactless retailers closest to you. I blogged last week about an FStech contactless and mobile payments roundtable. One of the key messages to come out of the roundtable was that the industry as a whole needs to look at how it deals with messaging at various levels because at the moment it is all over the place. So it's good to see Visa attempting to connect with millions of Facebook users in a clear and concise way.

I still think that in many ways contactless is a solution looking for a problem, a problem that many people just don't have. Ultimately, cash works very well for them. But I will leave that 'rant' for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment