Thursday 3 March 2011

"Unified presentations"


Now I’m a pretty patient person, but when it comes to listening to a 40-minute live webinar, I just don’t have the time. In all honesty, I tune in and out, and generally ignore a lot of what is going on (sorry if you run webinars...).

My biggest difficulty, and I’m going against beliefs that are commonly held about women, is that I just can’t seem to multitask when it comes to webinars – I have to listen to the audio, watch the person on the web (if possible), refer to the original invitation to remind myself what I’m ‘attending’ the discussion for in the first place, and research relevant parts of the conversation, all at the same time. As for taking notes, that just adds to the complications!

So imagine my excitement when I was introduced to communications whiz-kids, Kulu Valley?
Presented to me today was a Software-as-a-Service proposition, allowing customers to create and publish content direct from their desktops using a browser-based solution. 

Clients can record a video overview of their key messages, and combine that with supporting documents and links. So, as I suggested (and am allowing Kulu Valley to use as a USP should they wish to!!!), they are providing ‘Unified Presentations’...think about it. With this solution, you can also take advantage of “chapterisation” – so say at 2 minutes into the presentation you make a point that is particularly important – those using the presentation can jump straight to this point in the audio/video.

Fantastic – can see the potential for internal and external communications, but most of all, a nice way of making hugely long explanations snappy and relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment